Re: scrapin' the bottom of the barrell...

>    * Subject: scrapin' the bottom of the barrell...
>    * From: Mark Estepp <EsteppJM@appstate.edu>
>
> And my two cents on whether or not the C's are going to be better due to
> the trades.  I think the answer is yes.  Pierce will be a better defending
> 2-guard, better 3-pt shooter, better jump shooter, and better driver, than
> Mercer.  Perhaps Mercer's only strength over PP at this spot is Mercer's
> ability to come off picks and go into the shot.  I do not remember seeing
> PP doing much of that at the 3 spot last year.
> Will they rebound better?: yes
> Will they get to the line more?: yes
>
> But, of course none of that matters if KA and AW don't show up mentally and
> physically ready to play.
> On that subject, can you folks think of a time in Celtic's history where
> that question has even needed to be asked?
> Says something about the state of the NBA and the state of the C's...

A very sorry state indeed.

Anyone looking forward to a mature AW, need's to look no further then the story
about his alleged behavior in the Chicago pro-am that was posted in the last
couple days.  IF it was true, I look forward to his departure from Boston.  I
am done supporting boorish behavior by "sports players".  If he thought the
fans got on him last year, wait till he pulls the same garbage this year.

RP was accurate last year when he said he could coach an all cba team to beat
last years Celtics.

Frankly I don't care if RP stays or goes either.  The way he let AW walk all
over him last year was a disgrace.

He should have benched anybody who wasn't in shape until they were.  Period.

Any less then that this year and the fans will get on him too.  And he will
deserve it.

The only players I want to see on the court, during a game, wearing a Celtic
uniform are the players who ARE giving 100%.  And I don't care if we win or
lose as long as only those players giving 100% are on the floor.

A team can build around commitment to effort.

It will fail if it tries to build around players with commitment to only
themselves.

All this baloney about AW wanting to win, being a fierce competitor etc... is
just that baloney......

If he is so committed to winning why did it take him 30 games into the season
to work on his free throws?  He didn't realize he was missing so many?  For the
last few years?

He has proven that he needs the booing to get motivated.  (Of course the
"choke" signal from his fellow Chicagoan didn't hurt as motivation!) If he is
not motivated this year, the fans will remember what worked last year.  And
they will start early and loud.

Poor AW, all that money and still no respect.  Maybe some of these "sports
players" will learn that respect comes from the effort they expend, not the
size of their contract.

When the Celtics acquire a "building block" player who we all know will be
ready to play day one, will help his teammates be better then they would
otherwise and wants and gets the respect that comes from his peers by his game
alone.

The Celtics will be back in the hunt then and only then.  AW isn't it, so far.

End of rant, for now.

<Jim
Title: scrapin' the bottom of the barrell...

scrapin' the bottom of the barrell...

This little news tidbit will show you just how starved for news we all are!!
The Charlotte Observer had a front page article on how Charlotte is
gleaning ideas from many cities about how to upgrade the downtown area.
One idea being batted around is to build a bball arena "...Like the Fleet
Center in Boston"
I do not know if they mean the style of building, or its proximity to the
train station (?)