scrapin' the bottom of the barrell...

This little news tidbit will show you just how starved for news we all are!!
The Charlotte Observer had a front page article on how Charlotte is
gleaning ideas from many cities about how to upgrade the downtown area.
One idea being batted around is to build a bball arena "...Like the Fleet
Center in Boston"
I do not know if they mean the style of building, or its proximity to the
train station (?)

======================
And my two cents on whether or not the C's are going to be better due to
the trades.  I think the answer is yes.  Pierce will be a better defending
2-guard, better 3-pt shooter, better jump shooter, and better driver, than
Mercer.  Perhaps Mercer's only strength over PP at this spot is Mercer's
ability to come off picks and go into the shot.  I do not remember seeing
PP doing much of that at the 3 spot last year.
Will they rebound better?: yes
Will they get to the line more?: yes

But, of course none of that matters if KA and AW don't show up mentally and
physically ready to play.
On that subject, can you folks think of a time in Celtic's history where
that question has even needed to be asked?
Says something about the state of the NBA and the state of the C's...