More From Holley: Mercer For Doug Christie - Not!

Pitino says in the column, that Mercer's agent wanted the C's to
talk to Toronto about a Mercer deal.  Pitino says they did, and the
Raptors offered Doug Christie straight up for Mercer. "'We didn't think
that was
a fair trade, so we didn't do it.'"

Excellent Il Duce. Fine managerial skills exhibited by you, although I
think
Holley may be on to something with the Battie/Fortson contract
situation.
It would not shock me that:

A) Neither one is inked during the contract signing period - I think it
runs
through October.

B) One of them is traded before the February trade deadline.

C) The other one is signed during the summer.

Ray