Re: : Who would win

In fact, Pitino has used this quote on occasion in talking about
conditioning himself. Lombardi is one of his favorite coaches.
It's just a catchy and motivational way of saying, "You're not as
effective if you're tired so get in shape."

Hopefully, the Celtics will be one of the best-conditioned teams
in the league this year. In any case, while I may disagree with
the idea of the second unit beating the first, my hope is that
the depth is sufficient to allow Pitino to actually follow through
on his threat to bench any starter that doesn't perform without
essentially forfeiting the game. I think most of us on the list
would like Pitino to discipline certain players occasionally, but
if I were a fan that paid $200 to take my family to a game, I
would be pretty annoyed if the Celtics had no chance of winning
because Bruce Bowen and Marlon Garnett were starting. This year,
if Antoine, for instance, needs to be benched, you'll probably
still be able to manage a respectable starting lineup. We did see
Kenny Anderson disciplined last year but partially, that is because
there was adequate depth.

Alex