Bring Me The Head Of Mitch Richmond....

As a veteran presence like his, is what the Celtics need. The fact
that he's a scoring machine and many-time all-star doesn't hurt either.
But what could the C's offer to the Wizards in a sign and trade,
they would accept, and would also take care of the salary cap problems
resulting from a $11 million contract?

Ahhh, that's the catch!

Kenny would have to be included in the deal. As the Wizards already
have an overpriced point guard of their own, difficulties arise.
Including
Tony Battie in the package might soothe their feelings - finding a third
team that could use a point guard and had plenty of cap space would
increase the likelihood of the trade. However, due to Richmond's large
contract, another Celtics player would have to be shipped out to
complete
the deal. Perhaps Pervis might serve in this function, at least then
he'd
finally be of some use.

Then all Pitino has to do is convince Richmond he can be a great sixth
man, because I don't see Pierce or Walker coming off the bench. Of
course,
there's the weakened point guard situation, but I can live with Turner
and Barros till something better comes along....
Ray