fishy, no?

Steve,

Don't you find it a little strange that Indiana would refuse to part with a reserve combo guard, a nonscoring big man, and late first round pick in exchange for one of the most talented young players in the NBA?  I find it rather hard to believe this deal was seriously offered, and harder to believe it was refused.  I suspect that Donny Walsh is blowing smoke up everybody's butts.  I think Pitino gets on the phone and sees what can be had all the time, especially when he's mad at a player.  I can even imagine him pulling the trigger on this one, if he had a destination in mind for Davis that involved packaging him with Kenny Anderson for a first class point guard/ prime time scorer.  But there's no way Indiana would have turned down that deal as you describe it.  It's almost as much of a swindle as the one we just put over on Denver.  (Seriously, I thought that Mercer for Fortson even up was robbery for us.  )
Joshua Ozersky
Marketing Communications
Environmental Products Division
Corning Incorporated.