bskball on indiana trade

BOSTON STOPS WALKER TALK- The Celtics have announced they were unhappy with the direction trade talks were going, and have said they will not continue discussions further on this matter. Pitino did come out and say that Walkers babying days were over, that everyone would start fresh this year, and that he demanded that Walker be in top game shape coming into camp, and that he be disiplined in defense and taking good shots. Pacers sources say that Boston wanted way too much for Walker, saying they heard Dale Davis, Jalen Rose, and a draft pick, which the Pacers countered with one or the other not both. I heard a report that if Pitino could get the deal done, he would have been sending Davis on to another team, its unclear at this point who they would have gotten in return.

END

Isn't that hilarious?  Dale Davis, Jalen Rose, and the what?  24th pick in the draft? for a talent like Antoine is too much?  Thank God they're that stupid!  Amazing.  This reminds me of a reckless rumor thrown out by somebody in the mid eighties, also about the pacers.  They said that Boston had offered Larry Bird for Chuck Person and that Indiana had turned it down.  This one is almost as bad.  Interesting to know what RP had in mind for Davis, though.  Was he in a package with Kenny Anderson for some hot shot point guard?  It better have been something like that.  Otherwise, I can only ascribe it to Pitino blowing off steam, like Harry Truman making a list of people he wanted to shoot or drop atom bombs on.
Joshua Ozersky
Marketing Communications
Environmental Products Division
Corning Incorporated.