Re: Funny thought

>From: j.hironaka@unesco.org

>I'm glad Eric "Senor 360°" Williams has a body that looks nice in the
>mirror, but all the hours in the weight room hasn't translated into
>improved play last year. Although EW seemed reasonably healthy last year,
>he blew his chance at starting small forward last year on a horrible team
>that really had no one else at that position.

Speaking as someone who has been through ACL reconstruction, I don't think
it's fair to judge Eric by last year's stats.  It takes a full year before
you even begin to feel comfortable with your knee again.  It amazes me that
anyone can play NBA ball that quickly after the surgery.  I'm confident that
he will improve this year, although how much playing time he will get is
another matter.

Regarding the contract, that is the real problem, isn't it?  He was signed
before the injury, and it was a pretty generous deal then.  When I first
heard Denver was picking up 3 million, I thought that was per year.  It
sounds like it is actually in total.  That's going to make it hard to move
him without including a valuable asset (perhaps that draft pick they gave
us).  No one answered my question about re-trading player, but if I remember
correctly, they can not be re-traded on their own for one year after being
traded for.  So, Boston would have to include another player.  Can anyone
confirm that?

Perhaps Pitino thinks that, since the likes of Minor and Pervis will be off
the cap soon, it isn't so bad to overpay a guy who can at least play.

Jim