Re: Good News, Bad News

> Yeah, but it's not just a question of caponomics. Lots of teams figure out
> ways to accommodate several stars with high paychecks. What if Miami said,
> "We have to build around Mourning or Hardaway?" Or look at the Blazers. It
> sounds to me like it's less a question of price and more of, "We can only
> have 1 star to build around."

Well, these teams do have owners that don't care about making money. I do
think that comment about "building around Pierce" to be BS though.

> Pitino said coming in the door that a team needed 3 All-Star type players to
> win a championship. One could argue that he's got three who at least show
> very strong All-Star potential, and from everything we hear he's hustling
> two of them out the door.

We aren't hearing anything about trading Walker, except in return for Vin
Baker, who is certainly an All-Star type player. I'm not so sure about
Mercer's All-Star potential myself. In his first year, Pitino talked
on his show about building a team of three All-Stars. He never mentioned
Mercer's name as someone who could possibly grow into it; He did mention
Walker and also Anderson, I believe.

Alex