Re: Mercer or Fortson?

> Subject: Mercer or Fortson?
> Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 10:54:34 -0400
> From: "Josh Farber" <joshfarber@home.com>
> To: <Celtics@igtc.com>
>
> Would we rather have Mercer or Fortson?  I know they play 2 different
> positions.  Would we be willing to give Fortson the Max?
>
> Josh

Well, if they could trade Walker for a power forward, then neither of
them.
It seems apparent that both Mercer -- because of his excessive contract
demands --
and Walker -- can't be controlled -- are on the outs with Potapitino.

And frankly, I don't expect the Walker situation to become any better.
Especially if they center the offense around Pierce. This will
absolutely fry
Antoine's ballhoggedy sensibilities and lead to some major league
acrimony -- as if there isn't a plethora of it already occurring --
between
Il Duce and the Master of the Wiggle.  Fireworks will fly baby....

Ray