Re: GOOD TO HAVE THE LIST BACK

Great post IMO, Dorine (really). It expresses a valid point of view
impressively, even though I can't share your unease with Antoine's act (being
that I'm a young whippersnapper).

Anyway, I'm glad I meet people like you on the Internet. BTW, do you know the
expression: " I don't care to be part of a Global Village populated by Global
Village Idiots"?  A physicist at Los Alamos (I don't remember his name) used
that line at a UNESCO conference I covered some time ago.

Just for the record, though, I don't believe Antoine Walker was named the sole
captain of the Celtics. Actually, both Dee Brown and Pervis Ellison were also
named co-captains. This illustrates Pitino's dillemma: he didn't/doesn't have
any veterans who merit being named captain. Although he's been criticized for it
by the media, Pitino actually had his reasons for naming Antoine into a
leadership and responsibility role, and I believe Antoine's behavior as captain
(at least during the season) has been surprisingly mature, team-spirited, and
beyond reproach. If the players themselves voted, don't be surprised if Antoine
were still named captain. It's hard not to notice the strong mutual rapport he
has with both Pierce and Mercer, and nearly everyone else (Ringo loved bumping
chests with Toine) except maybe Kenny. Both Pierce and Mercer rushed to Toine's
defense after the Atlanta game, which was nice to see. By contrast, FWIW, I've
so far never seen Pierce and Mercer embrace or show any on-court "luv". Have
you?

Toine's got a soft, no-movement technique of slapping five that I've emulated
with my friends. Of course it doesn't look quite as impressive when I do it.
Only my dog "Puccini" enjoys returning my five with any sincere degree of
enthusiasm.

****