Re: this team sucks/but will change

Hi Zhi Zhir/Friends:

Mercer and Battie for a Anthony Mason etc. makes sense because we'd have a starting
lineup of genuine bad-asses who can also adroitly whip the ball out of any double
team. But personally I think we are giving up too much potential (two former top 6
lotto picks after all) to buy such instant gratification. Speaking as a New Yorker
at heart (I used to write for Unicef), I actually always greatly preferred Mason to
Oakley when they both played in the Apple. Besides, I believe Oakley was contracted
to earn well over 10 million this year, so he'd laugh in Pitino's face if we
offered him 1.7 million for the privilege of immediately taking part in
4-times-per-week workouts as soon as the season ends for our (hopefully) 22nd best
team in the NBA.

Personally, I think Toronto sold their souls to the devil by trading for two 35-36
year old guys (Willis and Oakley) to improve their 1999 record. I'd much rather
have the Celtics' future than swap it for Toronto's present.

I can't believe I'm in my office past 10:00 pm writing procrastination posts to the
Celts list. I'm over my head with work out here. I want to stick my head in the
paper shredder.  Sob, sob...

****