Re: Jerry Callahan: NBA Not Missed!

>Maybe you haven't noticed, but the NBA is in the middle of a lockout and
>the 1998-'99 season could be postponed or even cancelled. And as far as I
>can tell, sports fans across the country haven't been this upset since the
>Houston Astros dropped those spiffy orange-and-yellow uniforms.

I Still (sniff) haven't recovered.

>We have heard it said many times that McGwire and Sosa have almost repaired
>the damage done to baseball by the '94 strike. In other words, it took four
>years and two of the greatest individual performances ever, and the
>national pastime has ALMOST been forgiven for walking out.

I hope Basketball is paying attention because there are none of these kind of
records to bind the fans back to the sport in a short time.

>For the NBA, it could take longer because so far the fans don't seem at all
>angry at the prospect of a long and nasty lockout. Much worse: They just
>don't care.

Personally, I don't care either.  When I need my fix, I will watch college or
maybe High School.  Maybe I will take my son and daughter to the gym and we
can play morre often.

Peace
	Rich,,,