         Reply to:   Re: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V5 #314
That's a good point, Jim. That's why it will be interesting to see what happens with this new "Collegiate Professional Basketball League" or whatever it's called. I'm not (in this instance, at least) questioning anybody's decision to skip out on college for the NBA, but I AM saying that any player who didnt expect there to be a lockout must be spectacularly unaware.

Jim Meninno wrote:
>I happen to think that the last place an aspiring basketball player, >with no academic interest belongs is in college.

Really, is all this "These >kids are so stupid" talk necessary.  If I had grown up in poverty and >was presented with the opportunity to skip college and cash in >immediately, I know what I would do.  You might call it a no brainer.