Re: your mail

> Shawn Roth wrote:
>
> Falk is just a very smart agent.  He is doing everything possible to keep
>  Jordans name in the media.  Jordan already knwos if he is going to come back.
>  He may have some doubts, but I think they have little to do Phil Jackson.  I
>  think that they have more to do with Pippen.  Without Pippen, Jordan probably
>  feels that he could not win another Championship.  I disagree with him, but
>  that is why I'm not MJ.  Jordan will be back with the Bulls if the CBA gets
>  taken care of quickly with few missed games.  Jordan should come out with some
>  kind of statement about this to put more pressure on the Owners, without Jordan
>  the league loses alot of value......
>
>  Shawn
The league will survive nicely without MJ. The leagues biggest problem
is Salaries and if MJ comes back(which I doubt) his salary creates
problems. Picture this MJ signs for 40 Mill and Malone or some other
average super star says he is at least half as good and then deserves 20
Mill and the snowball effect occurs. The league will probably stay
locked out until Jan/Feb at the earliest to keep salaries down, BUT (I
really believe this is one of the reasons)if the prima donna retires now
the lockout would probably end a lot earlier as it would have a lot
lower salary base to deal with. Just 1 man's opinion.
Regards,
Hart