Mercer and Pierce. -Reply

Gene:

I second your post wholeheartedly!  I think that it is imperative for the
Celtics to build around the Mercer / Pierce nucleus.  If Walker sticks
around, so much the better, but if not, no big deal.  It might even be
addition by subtraction (that is, better team play / on-the-court cohesion
by removing the gunning one man show) for the C's.   Plus, who knows
whether Antoine would / could adjust to not being the one man show as
Mercer and Pierce (eventually) assume more prominent roles in the
offense.

Ryan