Re: Celtics baseball thread

At 05:45 9/11/98 , Karen J Davies wrote:

>Can we quit it with the baseball already?

>The last place I expected to see people defending the sport of basketball

                ^^^^^^^^^^
>was on a Celtics list.

Huh.. Did you perhaps mean baseball. Hang in there Karen. Please tolerate
that alot of us love Sports in general and speaking as a USA resident and
while loving hoops bigtime, I must admit that baseball was my first love.
It was ingrained in my soul as it was/is known as "Americas Pastime". Big
Mac has just brought back fond memories of a simpler time when money was
not the first thing mentioned when one discussed sports. i remember  as a
kid trading a Mickey Mantle card for a Sammy White card because it
completed my Red Sox team set!! In todays world I don't believe tat happens
too often as even card colllecting has become all dollars. Well i,ve
rambled long enough so forgive us our baseball chats as if the lockout were
not happening and camps were near opening we would be discussing the game
of hoops much more!! Later.Mike