Re: Walker Haters

>Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 22:49:18 -0500
>From: Sherry & Hart <hartleyo@ix.netcom.com>
>To: celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: Re: Walker Haters
>
>Since it seems that many on this list, especially the Walker haters who
>want to give away or trade Antoine for nothing because of his, shall we
>say "immaturity", lets have a bit of a poll.
>
>	1.CAN ANY OF YOU NAME 10 PLAYERS WHO YOU WOULD TRADE HIM FOR IN THE IN
>THE NBA TODAY THAT ARE CLEARLY EQUAL OR BETTER THAN WALKER.

Let's see there's: Vin Baker, Rod Strickland, Charles Barkley, Shareef
Abdur-Rahim, Allen Iverson, Terrell Brandon, Paul Pierce, Michael
Olowokandi, Arvydas Sabonis, Reggie Miller, Chris Webber, Kevin Garnett,
Gary Payton, David Robinson, Jayson Williams, Alonzo Mourning, Jason
Kidd, Latrell Sprewell, Michael Finley, Grant Hill,
Mitch Richmond, Penny Hardaway, Scottie Pippen, Zydrunas Ilgauskas,
Shawn Kemp, Glen Rice... There's quite a few players equal to Walker in
talent, because of his deficiencies on the defensive end, lack
of shot blocking, propensity to commit turn-overs, and affection for
technical fouls.

>	My list: Shaq, Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, Gary Payton, Tim Duncan. I
>left Jordan, Hakeem, Ewing and Malone (who are all clearly better) off
>the list because they are either retiring shortly or are  short
>termers(another year or two playing).
>
>	2. HOW MANY GAMES WOULD THE CELTICS HAVE WON LAST YEAR WITHOUT WALKER
>ON THE TEAM?
>
>	I say 20 games.

The great Il Duce would have them overachieving to the tune of 25 wins.
WC