Re: Walker Haters

Witch Craft wrote:

> >Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 22:49:18 -0500
> >From: Sherry & Hart <hartleyo@ix.netcom.com>
> >To: celtics@igtc.com
> >Subject: Re: Walker Haters
> >
> >Since it seems that many on this list, especially the Walker haters who
> >want to give away or trade Antoine for nothing because of his, shall we
> >say "immaturity", lets have a bit of a poll.
> >
> >       1.CAN ANY OF YOU NAME 10 PLAYERS WHO YOU WOULD TRADE HIM FOR IN THE IN
> >THE NBA TODAY THAT ARE CLEARLY EQUAL OR BETTER THAN WALKER.

Let's get real: Possibilities to my list: Vin Baker, Miller, Garnett.
The rest of your list these players are either too old, too overrated,
too new, too broken down, too idiotic and just plainly not that good. I
don't believe for a minute that if you were the GM of the C'S that you
would trade Walker even up for anyone of these guys.

> Let's see there's: Vin Baker, Rod Strickland, Charles Barkley, Shareef
> Abdur-Rahim, Allen Iverson, Terrell Brandon, Paul Pierce, Michael
> Olowokandi, Arvydas Sabonis, Reggie Miller, Chris Webber, Kevin Garnett,
> Gary Payton, David Robinson, Jayson Williams, Alonzo Mourning, Jason
> Kidd, Latrell Sprewell, Michael Finley,
> Mitch Richmond, Scottie Pippen, Zydrunas Ilgauskas,
> Shawn Kemp, Glen Rice... There's quite a few players equal to Walker in
> talent, because of his deficiencies on the defensive end, lack
> of shot blocking, propensity to commit turn-overs, and affection for
> technical fouls.
>

> >       My list: Shaq, Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, Gary Payton, Tim Duncan. I
> >left Jordan, Hakeem, Ewing and Malone (who are all clearly better) off
> >the list because they are either retiring shortly or are  short
> >termers(another year or two playing).
> >
> >       2. HOW MANY GAMES WOULD THE CELTICS HAVE WON LAST YEAR WITHOUT WALKER
> >ON THE TEAM?
> >
> >       I say 20 games.
>
> The great Il Duce would have them overachieving to the tune of 25 wins.

I could possibly agree with you on this.

> WC

Regards,
Hart