>   There is no public
>               sentiment on the
>               players' side in the
>               labor-management war
>               that now has caused
>               cancellation of the
>               NBA's entire schedule
>               of exhibitions.

And other than one poster to this list, I think this is true.  That is
what baffles me about the players and the union.  It worked with
management for years and reaped the benefits of that working together.
Now, it has decided that it will take the power and will not negotiate
or work with the owners.  The union thinks that the owners will give
in.  I predict that the owners will not give in.  Even if they lose the
arbitration.  Why, because they have already challenged the arbiters
power and they will litigate that rather than fold.  They know that this
is simply a power grab by the union.

Billy Hunter is so self-serving that he makes me sick.  The players may
not be on strike, but they are trying to come away from this situation
in charge, have refused to negotiate in good faith and are betting that
the owners will fold if they lose the arbitration.  I wonder what will
happen to Billy Hunter and the Union leaders if they either lose the
arbitration, or the owners don't fold.  Hhhhmmm, that could lead to an
interesting situation.

Personally, I don't need to spend my money on grown men who are played
millions of dollars to play a game.  Especially when they have no
respect for the fan, me.  I don't think the owners are without blame,
sure they are, but the players attempt at spin control is disgusting.

We need to find out how to get our message to the players.  And why do I
want to pay $30-$40 extra for a pair of shoes so that MJ, or Walker, can
line their pockets.  I would rather see no shoe contracts and cheaper
shoes.  How about you?

--
Peace,

Bentz Kirby