Re: Lockout Pool

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Jim Meninno wrote:

> Jeremy,
>
> Did you get meny replies to this when you posted it, long, long ago?  If
> so, maybe you could give us an interim report and let us know who is out
> of contention so far (aside from myself).
>
> Jim

Jim as it turns out, I suck.  I remember getting about three or four
disappointed that I didn't get the same level of response as I did when I
had the "who will be traded before the trade deadline" contest last
February.  Which gives me an idea.  It's time for the next "who will be
traded" contest.  This one is titled: "Who will be traded 2: I still know
who you (the Celtics) will trade after the lockout ends."

Here's the trailer:

In downtown Chicago at night in the middle of a giant downpour:

Antoine: "If you want to trade me, come and get me! I'm right here!"

Jersey Red: "Antoine I want you to look in the mirror and tell yourself
that you are beautiful and intelligent and that no one with a steel hook
is trying to trade you."

Meanwhile, in Boston:

Pitino: "Where the hell is my damn steel hook?  I'm dying to make a
trade."

Chris Wallace: "Well actually sir, we aren't allowed to consummate any
deals during the lockout."

Pitino: "Chris, how many times do I have to tell you?  You're nothing more
than an overpaid yes-man.  Now get me my dart board."

Chris Wallace gets out the dart board, and Pitino throws three darts:
Mercer, Barros, and a Hawks logo are struck.

Pitino: "Now get on the phone and offer Mercer and Barros to the Alanta
Hawks for someone!"

Wallace: "I'm not sure if that would work; they have a pretty good
backcourt and..."

Pitino: "I don't care.  Just do it."

End of trailer.

Okay, back to the contest.  I predict that Pierce, Travis, and Minor will
be traded after the lockout ends.

Jeremy