Re: Lockout Pool

I see Travis and Dana going in seperate trades of which they are the
principals.  Both are attractive, and neither has a prohibitive salary
by today's standards.  Barros is particularly appealing.  (Imagine
what he could do in Chicago.)  Minor, etc. will only go somewhere as
part of an Antoine Walker trade.

---Jeremy  wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Jim Meninno wrote:
>
> > Jeremy,
> >
> > Did you get meny replies to this when you posted it, long, long
ago?  If
> > so, maybe you could give us an interim report and let us know who
is out
> > of contention so far (aside from myself).
> >
> > Jim
>
> Jim as it turns out, I suck.  I remember getting about three or four
> disappointed that I didn't get the same level of response as I did
when I
> had the "who will be traded before the trade deadline" contest last
> February.  Which gives me an idea.  It's time for the next "who will
be
> traded" contest.  This one is titled: "Who will be traded 2: I still
know
> who you (the Celtics) will trade after the lockout ends."
>
> Here's the trailer:
>
> In downtown Chicago at night in the middle of a giant downpour:
>
> Antoine: "If you want to trade me, come and get me! I'm right here!"
>
> Jersey Red: "Antoine I want you to look in the mirror and tell
yourself
> that you are beautiful and intelligent and that no one with a steel
hook
> is trying to trade you."
>
> Meanwhile, in Boston:
>
> Pitino: "Where the hell is my damn steel hook?  I'm dying to make a
> trade."
>
> Chris Wallace: "Well actually sir, we aren't allowed to consummate any
> deals during the lockout."
>
> Pitino: "Chris, how many times do I have to tell you?  You're
nothing more
> than an overpaid yes-man.  Now get me my dart board."
>
> Chris Wallace gets out the dart board, and Pitino throws three darts:
> Mercer, Barros, and a Hawks logo are struck.
>
> Pitino: "Now get on the phone and offer Mercer and Barros to the
Alanta