Re: Hanging out with ML

It would have been nice if he could have "done his job" without signing
Dee Brown, Pervis Ellison, Greg Minor and Dana Barros to contracts that
were in excess of their worth, making them untradable (although they got
very lucky with Dee).  I suppose that was their reward for staying with
the team while it was tanking seasons.

Jim

>Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:15:15 -0500
>From: bocelts@scsn.net (R. Bentz Kirby)
>To: Theresa Lee <tjoyce@mit.edu>
>CC: celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: Re: Hanging out with ML
>

>> 3. When I told him that I even watched the Celtics during the 15 win
>> season, he said, "but that was by design." For what, I asked?  "To
get
>> Timmy."  Then I asked him if he had heard about Duncan's disparaging
>> remarks....he had. I told him to give Duncan a hard time next time
he's in
>> town.
>>

>And this was what I said many times when the press and fans were
trashing ML.
>He was just doing his job.  That was all.  Too bad it didn't work out.
And