Re: Hanging out with ML

Jim Meninno wrote:

> It would have been nice if he could have "done his job" without
> signing
> Dee Brown, Pervis Ellison, Greg Minor and Dana Barros to contracts
> that
> were in excess of their worth, making them untradable (although they
> got
> very lucky with Dee).  I suppose that was their reward for staying
> with
> the team while it was tanking seasons.

Hey, I say freaking exacatamundo, Jim.

I personally think ML would have liked to continue holding his job as an
NBA head coach of the most storied franchise in American pro sports. I
think his "I was just losing to get Timmy" excuse is lame.  In the end,
ML is exactly as huggable and engaging as the star of "Clueless". Look,
I love every Celts player past and present but I'm glad Paul Gaston
isn't a total imbecile and had the sense to admit that hiring our
lovable towel-waver as head coach and GM was just a pathetic and aimless
publicity stunt.

***