Re: Peter May sez...

Douglas342@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/17/98 6:15:13 PM Central Standard Time,
> damekmo@teleport.com writes:
>
> > But...it's all about the money...right?
> ---- In Duncan's case, it wasn't about anything.  From what I understand, the
> #1 pick's contract is pretty much set in stone.  And I don't blame him for not
> wanting to be in Boston.  He's too immature to look five or eight years down
> the road, when a team with him and Walker and Mercer might be a powerhouse.
> My own attitude (and I have a very different one from a pro basketball
> player!!!) is that I would want to be in on the ground floor of a future
> dynasty, not the rookie on an aging one.
Well said, and the Irony of his comment is that he will not win any
championship with Robinson because very simply, Robinson just ain't that
good. For crying out loud the 2 Superstars? couldn't beat Utah who plays
without any center. Celtics with their young studs will win a
championship B4 the Spurs will.

Regards,
Hart