No Subject

Paul wrote:

[Lots of trade ideas based on the notion that Pitino wants Mashburn.]

Paul, Mashburn is an injury prone, overpaid small forward who can shoot
threes and can't play a lick of D.  Like I've said before Pitino may be
trigger happy, but he isn't stupid.  If Pitino trades for Mashburn, I will
do something crazy on this list; I'm not sure what yet, but I'll think of
something.

>Pippen and McDyess? In the words of Paul Gaston, "Isn't that gonna cost
>too much money?"

Not for Jerry "$100M for Bernie Williams" Colangelo.  But I'll get to the
subject of cheap shots against Paul Gaston later.

>You know, I was driving around yesterday thinking....The Lakers aren't
>going to keep both Kobe and Eddie Jones, are they? If the Lakers buy into
>the Pierce-thing, why not Pierce for Kobe? Salaries close enough? Sound
>good? I knew you'd think so!

Okay Paul, put down the cell phone to Jerry West and keep your eyes on the
road... Talent-wise I'd do this in a second.  But it will all come down to
the new CBA.  Will Walker and Bryant be restricted to $10M per year?
Right now they're both free at the end of the season.  We'll have Pierce
locked up for next to nothing for the next four years.  Then again I have
a funny feeling that he has the raw talent of Rick Fox without the heart.

And what a difference 24 hours makes.  With Karl Malone demanding a trade,
the Lakers may trade Kobe for him.  Still Kobe would add some serious
firepower to the C's.  I know he doesn't come from the Dorine/Kim Malo
Always-Pass-And-Never-Jump-Too-High school of basketball, but unlike Ray
Allen, he got game.

Moving on, the main point I want to make in this email is that some fans
and members of the media have been riding players for immoral behavior
well before all of the facts were known.  Juan Howard just won his court
case against the woman who falsely accused him of sexual misconduct at a
party.  He only sought $1 but was awarded $100,000.  Along the same lines,
charges were dropped against Shaq for his alleged harassment of a Disney
World employee.  Some participants of this mailing list owe those players
an apology for their unfair cheap shots.  (Wow that last sentence was
somewhat hypocritical.  Oh well.)

Along the same lines, some of us are going overboard in our criticism of
Antoine.  The only thing he's guilty of is looking out for his own self
interest.  Has anyone considered that maybe Antoine and Gaston are both
right?  Antoine sees players that aren't any better than him getting 9
figure contracts and wants his own.  Gaston figures that he if gives in to
Antoine, what will he do when Mercer and Pierce come to the trough.

Which brings me to my last point.  Mishra, a couple of months ago you
referred to Gaston as a "penny pincher" for being unwilling to give
Antoine $100M.  That is not penny pinching.  Penny pinching is going to
the grocery store and saying, "I like Pepsi more, but it costs 99 cents.
I'll buy Coke, which I can't stand, for 89 cents instead."  That is penny
pinching.  Paul Gaston is being a "tens of millions of dollars pincher".

Okay I think I got everything out of my system,
Jeremy