to the playoffs and 5 to contend for a championship????
So what would make any of us believe that we will be in the playoffs this
year. Pitino took a team that was not only bad but also over the cap. We
now at least can see light. One year into a total revamp of a team
and you are ready to drop him?? It took a good 5 years to destroy this
team!! What makes you think it can be cured by anyone in less than 3 years???
	Some facts you say?? Pitino took a cellar dweller in the Knicks,
took them to 38-44 in his first year, went 1-3 in the playoffs against a
#1 seed. Not to shabby for a 38-44 team!! The second year went 52-30
and won in the first round of the playoffs. Can you say growing pains??
	The fact is first, you get to the playoffs, then you learn how to win in
the playoffs. I know we all remember the days of the Pistons, Bulls, Lakers
and even our beloved Celtics having to learn how to win in the playoffs.
	Wherever Pitino has gone winning has not been far behind. IMHO
The Knicks blew it by not keeping him. The team had escalated it's play
and wins. So how can you say he is not a proven winner?? Look at the
numbers, they speak volumes.
JIm

<snip>
 Another year out of the playoffs and it's going to
>be hard getting them to believe they have a chance to win. Jesus Christ...I
>hope this season starts soon and Pitino takes this freakin' team to the
>playoffs with or without Walker. I don't care who's on the team
>anymore...just play some games and start winning. I can't stand the sight
>of David Stern and that God-awful beard anymore. I'm sick of the whole lot
>of them.
>
>Paul M.
<snip>>