RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V5 #193

I'm sorry, but I can't buy the argument that Larry Bird is afraid of
Jordan. The Bulls didn't win simply because MJ elevated his game, but on
account of the fact that MJ, Scottie, Kukoc *and* Harper elevated their
respective games. Don't forget that Indiana were without Jalen Rose and,
for all practical purposes, Miller as well.

As I said in one of my earlier letters, if the Bulls win against the
Pacers, so be it. But I sure as hell don't expect them to steamroll the
Jazz. In fact, I expect to see the opposite happening and I will be
rooting for the Jazz all the way. I don't buy this "MJ is God concept,"
any more than I buy the fact that he is the "greatest basketball player
of all time." Bullshit. He's one of the all-time greats, right up there
with Chamberlain, Russell, etc. and that's it.

Seems like Bob Costas' fawning attitude is getting contagious.

venkat