cap clearing

If the Celtics REALLY want to clear a lot of cap room very badly,
to sign Pippen for instance, they can definitely do it by parting
with Anderson and/or Mercer. Before anyone goes crazy over this,
I'm not saying it's a good idea, just that it's definitely feasible.
In particular, I'm guessing that many teams with cap room would
quite happily take Mercer with Ellison and Minor for draft picks.

And Pitino was certainly willing to part with the 3rd and 6th draft
picks (essentially Anderson and Mercer) to get Pippen last offseason,
so it's certainly plausible that he could do something like this.

Alex