Re: Lockout

In a message dated 98-03-27 18:38:20 EST, bocelts@scsn.net writes:

<< it didn't cost my father the equivalent of the
 > two hundred bucks it would cost me to bring ONE of my kids to get
 > decent seats and see the bleedin' Denver Nuggets.  >>

   Y'know, seems to me that I have been reading a lot of late about how the
cost of things today in terms of constant dollars isn't that high.  A ticket
that goes for $75 now might have cost $15 then, but folks making $75,000 might
have been making $20,000 then, in which event tickets might actually be
cheaper!   I remember America going ballistic over Joe Namath's contract for a
staggering $400,000!
   Perhaps our list has a bored economist, actuary or accountant who can
follow up on this?