Re: What gives?

At 08:16 AM 3/27/98 -0800, Greg Odegaard wrote:
>Mighty quiet out there.
>
>I hate to be a snipe, but a key bench player like Bowen, goes on the IL,
>with a BROKEN  foot and noone seems to care.  I ask again, does anyone know
>how and when this happened?

I waited, figuring someone else would anser this. To begin with, you keep
repeating that he has a broken foot. The official report is that he has a
condition that *could lead* to a stress fracture, I'd imagine in some ways
comparable to what happened to McHale. So he doesn't have a broken foot, but
he needs to stop playing before it develops into one. I've heard that it
relates to something that happened a couple weeks ago, but Pitino said on
one of the radio pre-games that Bruce has had some problem all year.

>Knight becoming injured as well.  I guess folks like Hart are right in that
>we want to talk more about Pippen, Jordan and the Bulls, than a bad injury
>to a key BOSTON CELTIC player.

I'd imagine a lot of the silence comes from the fact that we are now pretty
clearly out of the playoff picture, playing out the string to a degree. So
there's nothing we're playing for that these injuries will keep us from
right now. Just my opinion.

<snip>

-Kim
Kim Malo