Re: Celts Heat

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Dan Forant wrote:

> If it weren't for Walker and Mercer it would have been pitiful. I keep
> looking at the stats every game and can't see where I would take Mercer
> over Walker. Any man that can average 22 points and 11 rebounds, stays. His
> numbers will go mercurial when we get some inside help that can draw off
> defenders.

Dan, when you're taking anywhere between 20-30 shots per game, a 20 point
average is not that outstanding.  Perhaps his numbers will rise when he
gets an inside presence, but for the moment, he's not the most unselfish
player on the team.

> Tabak 7 rebounds in 21 minutes not bad. Don't know much about this guy.

Tabak is a 7 ftr who has a pretty fair inside offense.  He is no stud
rebounder and not a good shot blocker.

> Outside of Walker, Mercer, Anderson, and DeClercq, the rest are up for
> grabs and may not suit up next season w/Celts. Maybe even DeClercq. If we
> have a season.

I'd be interested in hearing who you think would replace DQ?

> I don't for one minute think all the players are together, that's bull. I
> hope the owners stand up to these clowns. If these guys didn't have a pack
> of managers doing their thinking for them, all sports included we would be
> better off. Do they care how many people will be hurt by a lockout? Hotels,
> airlines, arena workers, etc. Let's see----------10% of $20 mil,= $2 mil
> for the manager. Not bad. Their leeches. Does anyone really think a player
> making $8,000,000, a year, is worth $96,000 per game??
> Hey the president only makes $250,000 per year but he does have his
> bone-uses :)

I don't what the genesis of your frustration and unhappiness is, but you
are obviously an angry fella.  It's too bad, IMO, that you have to resort
to childish name-calling when you could easily make your point without it.
I agree that the whole money spectrum has placed an unfair burden on the fans
but I will not cry about it.  I want the C's to do what it takes to build
a winner, which I believe Pitino will do.  But I don't like his every
move.  Should I call him names for that reason?

Cecil