RACIST? NOT!

I can only speak for myself, but as usual, I will.  It never would have
occurred to me that not liking Walker's showing off could be construed
as “too black”.  In fact, I can honestly tell you that when I watch a
basketball game I see basketball players, PEOPLE, I never notice color.
I'm white, but I'm also famous for putting people down who tell ethnic
or racist jokes, and I don't care where I am, either.  My friends know
better than to do that where I can hear.  Most of my friends wouldn't
tell them anyway, but some people at some gatherings have made the
mistake in my company and lived to regret it.  My credo is that if you
have principals you have to stand up for them, or there's no point in
having any.
    I know the remark made about this was not aimed at any one person,
but I just had to say this because even the thought that someone might
think me racist makes the hair stand up on the back of my very white
neck.  But what do I know, I'm just a hick from the sticks of Vermont.
    I only have this to say and I won't ever say anything about it again
on this list.  Antoine Walker is a wonderful, young, talented ballplayer
and we should keep him.
However, he should save the strutting until his team gets to where
they've earned the right.  Ron Mercer is also a wonderful, young,
talented ballplayer, but he's more poised and understated.  They're two
entirely different personalities.  I hope they can co-exist on the
Boston Celtics for many years to come, along with the others whom I've
come to like.  I'd like to see us have a home grown team, not someone
else's retreads.  That's just the way I feel, and everyone else has the
right to feel however they want.  That's all.
Dorine