Re: Lockout

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
To: celtics@igtc.COM <celtics@igtc.COM>
Date: Tuesday, March 24, 1998 2:26 PM
Subject: Lockout

>He'd be shinning shoes
>if he weren't playing round ball.

Hope the owners can stick together and
>let the net hangers (can't say tree) go without a pay for a season

>Just be prepared for the
>crime rate to go up.

I have watched this discussion disappear well beyond the realm of sports.  I
understand the passionate feelings that some of us fans have for our
respective favorite sports.  And at the risk of being labelled a "bleeding
heart" or "politically correct" or whatever phrase will be hung on me, IMO
THERE IS NO GOOD REASON FOR USING PHRASES LIKE THOSE ABOVE IN OUR
DISCUSSIONS!

If those of you care to express yourself that way, it's up to you, but don't
get perturbed when someone questions your judgement for having used those
"Cute" little terms to show your displeasure at the current economic state
of the game.

I am of African heritage, and frankly, I'm not thrilled that Dan would use
such expressions.  It's not the way I would show my unhappiness and I don't
like the perception that it gives.  Sensitivity to others on the list
doesn't have to be thrown out the window in makings one's point.

Now I'll be accused probably of being "overly sensitive" or something like
that, but we need to move in another direction other than using these
offensive and derogatory quips.

If anyone who adamantly disagrees with me cares to, I welcome a private
response.

:-(

Cecil