the state of affairs

	At 29-34 and 4.5 games behind three teams, it looks like our
playoff hopes are dead.  I'm always hopeful of a turnaround, but it looks
like the lottery lovers will get there wish.  It's just such a bad year to
be in the lottery.  With Jamison and other underclassmen fearful of a
lockout, this will be the weakest draft since the inception of the
lottery.  We'll be lucky to get Doleac.

	Since the post season is slipping away from us, I think it's an
appropriate time to begin speculation about off season moves.  Let me
start off by saying that I like Matt Geiger.  I think he is a taller
version of Andrew DeClerq, but I don't think he is worth the money he's
asking for.  To me he's the type of guy that you use your $1M exception on
after you've used all of your available cap space money on an impact
player.

	I'd like to see us trade Travis Knight, Dana Barros, and our draft
pick (if we have to) to the Lakers for Elden Campbell.  He's the perfect
center for the Rick Pitino system and is locked up for the next five years
at about $40M (which is reasonable money for a center these days).  The
Lakers are the only team in the league who will take Travis off of our
hands and Elden is way too expensive to be coming off the bench.

	If this happens, we could then use our remaining cap space to go
after the best available forward.  Then we try to pry Eric Murdock out of
Miami with our $1M exception to fill the backup point guard position.

	My friend Justin has an extra ticket to the Indiana Pacers game on
Sunday April 12.  If you're interested, you can email him at:

jrepici@pepperdine.edu