Re: Offseason survey

Good questions about Geiger. This is what the scouts get paid
to find out; I haven't seen him enough to know. Statistically,
Geiger is averaging a little over a block a game in 23 minutes.
He was an excellent shot-blocker in college. I imagine that he
would be a significant improvement defensively over Knight or
DeClercq, in any case.

The Globe and other sources seem to imply that Pitino has an
interest in Camby also. If we traded for Camby instead of a
free agent center, it would probably be feasible to keep Popeye
Jones also. I wonder what it would take to get him from Toronto;
maybe our first-round picks from 98 and 99.

Alex