Post Game Comments

Great win by the Celts tonight, not nearly as heart-stoppping as
the last game vs. Washington.

1.  The Celtic fast break tonight was really clicking and at
times really awesome.  Lots of good court awareness, instinct,
and showy plays out there!  Washington does not seem like a real
dynamite defensive team, and the Celtics ripped off 35 1st qtr
points thanks largely to the fast break.  The shooting % tailed
off a bit in the 4th qtr, but their early spurt put them in a
good frame of mind for the game.

2.  Points off turnovers -- Celts 18, Wash. 0!!  Wow.

3.  Okay, I'm sold on Kenny Anderson.  He looked good tonight,
mostly in the first half.  Tom Heinsohn made a good point at the
end of the game when he said that Anderson vs. Billups is good
for the last five minutes of a game -- veteran PG vs. rookie.
Anderson looked like he was in control during crunch time.

4.  Has McCarty been in a funk lately?  Minor is starting in
place of him, but ol' Walter made the play of the night on that
steal and dunk in the second qtr.  I like McCarty over the
deadbeat dad.

5.  Walker lights it up again.  Is Walker the guy we build
around?  I'm not sure yet whether he's an MJ or a Pippen-type.
When I say MJ, I mean team leader, not that Twoine should be
confused with His Airness.

Article to follow

--
Bob George

Read Bob George's Best Of Boston Sports At
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/7018/index.html