Re: Post Game Comments

At 06:32 PM 3/6/98 +0000, Bob George wrote:
<snip>

>3.  Okay, I'm sold on Kenny Anderson.  He looked good tonight,
>mostly in the first half.  Tom Heinsohn made a good point at the
>end of the game when he said that Anderson vs. Billups is good
>for the last five minutes of a game -- veteran PG vs. rookie.
>Anderson looked like he was in control during crunch time.
<snip>

>5.  Walker lights it up again.  Is Walker the guy we build
>around?  I'm not sure yet whether he's an MJ or a Pippen-type.
>When I say MJ, I mean team leader, not that Twoine should be
>confused with His Airness.

Want to be further sold on KA? Compare Walker's play BK and PK (before Kenny
and post Kenny). Little things, but key. When KA feeds Walker the ball,
guiding him in to the hoop with his passes, he forces him to the right shot
rather than the stupid bombs. Also look at how much less frequently Walker
gets the ball from the point too late to do much more than force a shot.
Walker has been showing more of the incredible broad range of skills he has,
without looking like a ballhog. He passes more, because he knows he'll get
the ball back or that it's more likely to go for a better shot. He doesn't
lose it dribbling too much in the wrong places, because he doesn't get the
ball in the wrong places and there's someone else to dribble and set the
offense for him.  Notice how Walker almost always gives the ball up to the
point to set the play now, where before he would try to do it all himself,
creating further problems? I can take these sort of differences further and
carry them through the whole team, but you get the idea. The problem with
Billips wasn't so much his own need to develop further per se, but how that
was effecting the development of the rest of the team.

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net