The Walker debate

It's possible to be uncomfortable with Antoine's showboating and trash
talking and also to think that he is a great player. It doesn' t have to be
black and white. If someone is critical of a player, they can still admire
other qualities.

AW is awesome, but not so awesome that he should be shoving it down other
players throats. It is a distraction for him. When you are talking to an
assistant coach on the bench WHILE you are playing an NBA game, you are not
in the game, I don't care what anyone says. I was THERE. That's not
something you can see on tv.

Walker scored the game winning point? Barely. It really wasn't like that.
More like Rasheed Wallace PURPOSELY FOULED ANTOINE WALKER  simply because
he THOUGHT Antoine WOULD NOT make the shots. It didn't work out that way,
but it also shows a lack of respect for Antoine (which of course is based
in the reality that he was missing a lot of foul shots in that game).

He had no reason to jump on the scorer's table....they backed into the win
when they should have been celebrating a blowout.

Sometimes it does count HOW you win. That is, from the Celtics fans
perspective. We should demand players who respect the game, their opponent
and the history that is the Boston Celtics. Why shouldn't we?

This is not meant as a condemnation of AW. I like him. He just isn't that
polished yet....his game or his demeanor. But then I wasn't either at his
age.

Frank Gifford said it best regarding the showboating that goes on in pro
sports....he said: you should just act like you score (touchdowns) all the
time. Like it's no big deal.

It's called class.

Theresa