LockOUT!

Good, it's about time the NBA got it's act together. Let's keep focused
here. I don't care what other sports leagues do. I mainly like round ball.
First and clear, I'm a company man, been self employed most of my working
life and love it, why? Profits.

The owners say their devoting 57% of income to salaries. Average player
makes $2.2 mil. Not bad. With 15-28 teams showing red ink, you can see
where the league is headed. Owners want a real salary cap and to lengthen
rookies contract terms. I for one am sick of labor whining. If these
players can't make enough dough, get a real job. It's become a joke. Ticket
prices have become a joke.

"The NBA has had enormous growth, globally even," said Atlanta forward
Tyrone Corbin, a member of the union's executive committee. "The players
just want their fair share."
BULL.

"There are ways the wealth can be redistributed and still pay players
market value," agent Strickland said. "But why should the employees be
forced to manage the owner's problems?" It's simple dummy, if the owner of
a team is losing green, the players also suffer. GM employees are finding
that out the hard way. It's called consolidation. The NBA is too big
anyway, can't support teams w/quality players anymore. Losing a few teams
would only help.

"All I know," said Corbin, "is basketball was a lot more fun when I didn't
know about the business side of it." He still doesn't!!

Will management hold fast, I doubt it. Probably just posturing. It will be
a ball laughing at the players making $4-8mil that can't dribble, rebound,
pass, or even run in some cases.

GO OWNERS. Except for the Celts rebuilding, I could miss a season of
mediocrity without a blink. Some have been saying the Chicago, Utah series
was fabulous, are they kidding, talk about incompetence.

"dforant1@nycap.rr.com"
"A fortunate one"