Re: No to players who don't have offense...

I agree.  We need a defensive anchor.  Geiger's offense is the same as
Travis Knight's and for that money we could get a really good
defender, or even two:  Popeye and (say) Mohammed.  I wonder what we
have to offer teams for Clark or Skinner?

Josh

---"Noah P. Evans"  wrote:

> Jaime Castillo, Jr. wrote:
> >
> > As Pitino stressed, the team doesn't need anymore of a "i can only
defend"
> > type of a player.  What the team needs now are scoring and scoring
and
> > scoring...and also with lots of DEFENSE on the side!
>
> Now that we have Pierce why do we need more scoring?
>

> > Maybe a more possibility is a Dave Robinson or a Pippen.
>
> David Robinson maybe, after we got Pierce though I think Scottie fell
> off the Celtic's radar
>
> > We shouldn't add on to our limited offense situation anymore.
That we
> > should be concentrating on getting a complete player not a one
dimensional
> > (either offense only type or a defense only type) player.
>

> > Michael Stewart...one dimensional ---defense only
>
> Have you seen Yogi play? While he is a wonderful shotblocker he
isn't a
> particularly good defender(he's pushed around and leaves his feet too
> much). Defense and shotblocking aren't synononymous.
>
> > Geiger...one dimensional ---- offense only
>
> Again have you seen Geiger play? While he's a mediocre shotblocker, he
> is a big body who uses his weight. He's easily a better post defender
> than either Ratliff or Stewart. As for his offense I think you
overrate
> it. While Geiger can hit out to 22 feet and finish off feeds, he
doesn't
> have many moves to call his own(although this may be because Mason and
> Rice dominate the post and perimeter--leaving few opportuinities for
> Geiger).
>
> > Nazr ....also one dimensional ---defense only
>
> You're about right on this one.
>
> > Doleac... limited defense and offense...both
>
> You're right here too.
>
> > Lastly, I guess the reason why Pitino didn't or wouldn't push for
a deal for
> > Mcdyess is that he's really not a big scorer.  He's an erratic
scorer that
> > he could score 20 points but grabs only 2 or 3 boards in one game
or vice
> > versa.  He's not a complete package if you would compare him to a
Pippen,