Re: Walker for Robinson - no way!

>In my opinion it would be foolish to get an aging soft center and lose
>Walker.
>Robinson is an excellent player, he may help the Cs go further into the POs
>in the 98-99 season, but he will all but destroy any chances we have to go
>all the way even in 3-5 years.
>
>The nucleus the C's have now is very good.  Their primary concern should be
>to get a respectable center, and the scondary to find a good PG to replace
>(maybe trade with?) Kenny Anderson.  I am not crazy about Van Exel either,
>and indeed, getting him this year could be bad for both Anderson and VE.
>
>Kenny Anderson may be able to make C's a pretty good team, but he is not
>championship material.  Unless, of course, he is the weak link in a team
>with 4 other very good players, which means we have to find a very good
>center too.

 I agree with you on Robinson for Walker. Robinson has back problems and
has his best days behind him. His teams never did much in the playoffs and
his performance against Olajuwon is a permanent embarrassment to his
psyche. He would only be a short term improvement. As I've said before,
Walker will get better as the team gets better as more players like Pierce
and Mercer assert themselves. Walker won't need to crank up 25 shots to
feel he has a chance of winning. Also, if the C's get more rebounding their
fast break will spread the wealth instead of Walker getting all the plays
called for him in a  half court offense.

 I disagree on Anderson. Five years with New Jersey and then being traded
around doesn't give a true picture of his skills. I think he has a home
here, the players love getting easy shots off of his crisp passes, and I am
willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about his so called "badass"
rep. Dennis Johnson had that same kind of reputation but sometimes players
just find situations where they are comfortable. Pitino likes him and vice
versa. You may be right about him ultimately, but a full season with the
C's, good health with a young running team, might change your mind about
him.

                                                Michael D