Re: Walker for Robinson - no way!

Stathis Avgoustiniatos wrote:

> In my opinion it would be foolish to get an aging soft center and lose
> Walker.
> Robinson is an excellent player, he may help the Cs go further into the POs
> in the 98-99 season, but he will all but destroy any chances we have to go
> all the way even in 3-5 years.
>
> The nucleus the C's have now is very good.  Their primary concern should be
> to get a respectable center, and the scondary to find a good PG to replace
> (maybe trade with?) Kenny Anderson.  I am not crazy about Van Exel either,
> and indeed, getting him this year could be bad for both Anderson and VE.
>
> Kenny Anderson may be able to make C's a pretty good team, but he is not
> championship material.  Unless, of course, he is the weak link in a team
> with 4 other very good players, which means we have to find a very good
> center too.
You are right on target about everything you stated. I could never
understand why some people on this list are so much in love with
Robinson. Right now he is not even the go to guy on his own team and I
believe the Spurs would salivate and drool if the C's were stupid enough
to trade Antoine for him. I am sure Pitino would say thanks but no
thanks.
Regards
Hart