Karl Malone

Hi Everyone,

I figured it was time to make my yearly contribution to discussion. ;-)

I am pretty amazed at how poorly Karl Malone is playing in this series.
Dennis
Rodman has pretty much gotten into his head and under his skin and completely
psyched him out.  I mean, all through his career, I can remember seeing
Malone getting the ball near the basket and crashing into a defender for
the three point play.  Has that happened once in this series?

I thought he was supposed to be the greatest power forward in the history
of the game?  Where is his mental toughness?

Of course, we all know who the best power forward who ever played was.  It
seems to me that Kevin McHale played better on one foot than Malone is
playing on two healthy ones.  Can anyone confirm that?

Also, it seems like I remember Isiah Thomas saying something about Rodman
shutting down Larry Bird.  Is this modern myth making?  Anyone remember
remember those games against Detroit better than I do?

Ken

mattinak@teleport.com
mattinak@ohsu.edu