Re: Antoine Walker: Three Weeks Left As A Celtic?

See, this is what I mean.  This person seems to think we should trade
Antoine Walker for Raef LaFrentz.  That is how crazy this dead time is
making us.  Raef LaFrentz!  Two weeks ago people were scoffing at the
idea of trading him for David Robinson.  The fact is that only an
imbecile would sign an agreement with him on the eve of collective
bargaining talks that may save us from having to give him his "Garnett
money."

---Witch  wrote:

> Friends, Celtics' Fans, Countrymen,
> I come not to praise Antoine, but to bury him.  There are only three
weeks left until
> the advent of the lockout, and in that time frame, Pitino and Gaston
must decide
> whether they plan to re-sign Antoine or trade him.  Unfortunately
due to the upcoming
> crisis, Boston will be prevented in negotiating with Antoine during
the usual re-
> signing period -- July 1st to October 1st -- as that time will be
spent in
> management-player negotiations concerning the new C.B.A.  Thus,
Pitino and Gaston
> must act now to address the Walker situation.  They either have come
to some
> agreement with him, or they have to deal him away while he still
possesses a
> relatively high value.  It would unwise to wait until the trading
deadline to move
> him: It's simply a matter of diminishing returns.  Either sign him
or trade him
> before July 1, it's that simple.  And preferably before the draft.
If Pitino