Re: Antoine Walker: Three Weeks Left As A Celtic?

Part of any agreement with a new or resolved CBA plan, will include an
extension beyond October for resigning current or soon to be FA's.  It must
be dealt with post haste for any current FA, but AW is not.  The bottom
line is almost every team in the league has got an AW to deal with and the
league and the union will not allow for the potential blowout that would
come from the scenario you mention here.

How do I know this so certainly, it was asked of Trader Bob in a local
radio interview about 2 months ago, with respect to Damon of course, but
the line of questioning was extended to 99 FA's and Bob was speaking with
100% certainty/authority that if the CBA negotiations went beyond September
1, that an extension for FA negotiations would be a lock.  Think about the
ramifications of the league without it.
Reality doesn't bite that hard.

The bottom line have patience and quit looking for cheap shot ways of
unloading Antoine.  The team may deal him, for who knows what, I will never
say never, but this perceived July 1 to October 1 window will not be a
factor this offseason. Period.

Greg ( I hate the debacle of professional team cheerleaders) Say it so Red