Re: Antoine Walker: Three Weeks Left As A Celtic?

>Friends, Celtics' Fans, Countrymen,
>I come not to praise Antoine, but to bury him.  There are only three weeks
>left.........
 >It's simply a matter of diminishing returns.  Either sign him or trade him
>before July 1, it's that simple.  And preferably before the draft.  If Pitino
>believes Raef LaFrentz can be a special player in the NBA, then by all
>means use
>Walker as the impetus to sequester him.
>

>WC

Let's make our predictions. I don't think Gaston is screwing around here. I
think he's decided that it doesn't matter what the rules are, it doesn't
matter what it takes to win, it just doesn't matter, nobody makes over a
certain amount of money. Nobody. I'm not sure he doesn't have a point.
However, I've said it before, and I'll say it again...it's already too late
to get anywhere near equal value for the kid. I hope he stays. I love his
talent. But if Walker and his agent don't come down below the $100 mil.
mark...he's gone. Before July 1? Absolutely. One way or another, this list
will be coming to life soon.

LaFrentz? Mediocre at best. But then again, I thought Ed O'Bannon was a
"can't miss" talent.

Paul M.