Re: All star coaches

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Greg Odegaard wrote:

> Couldn't have said it better myself.  I would not blame Bird for just
> saying no.

Ok, my point went a little too far.  Bird does have an obligation to his
employer, the NBA, to go and do his job there.  My point was that if he
admitted he didn't lay awake dreaming of his team beating out the Bulls so
he could be the coach, he shouldn't be criticized.  Just because it would
be a once in a lifetime dream for many of us, it's not necessarily for
someone in that position.  But it's still his job, he'd better go and
coach unless he has a very good excuse to miss work, just like any other
Pacers' game.

-Jamey