No Subject

	Scrod, great post.  The player that we got with Joe Kleine was
none other than Chris Ford's whipping board Eddie Pinkney.  The way I
remembered it was that we traded Ainge not only for frontcourt help but
also to make way for our emerging star Reggie Lewis.  He had been coming
off the bench for Ainge before the trade.

	Adam I agree 100% with your post about the Eric Williams trade.
We definitely should have received more than two secound rounders for him.
All the talk about clearing cap space and "we had to move fast" was spin.
Eric had 1 year left at $1M.  If we hadn't made the trade and hadn't
signed Chris Mills, we would have about $3M more in cap space this summer.
McCarty, Thomas, and Jones are nice role players, but I'd rather have more
cap room to land one quality free agent.  The bottom line is that Pitino
came into the league a bit over zealous to get us back on track and made
some questionable signings (Mills and Knight).  If we do manage to free
up some cap room for this summer, I hope we use it to sign one top notch
player not 2 or 3 mediocre players.  With that said, as head coach he's
doing an excellent job.

	For the person who asked, I've been a Celtics' fan since 1985 when
I was 10 years old.  I have some memories of the 1984 World Championship
but I can't say that I was a real fan then.  I think I was too young to
really appreciate the game.

	My guess as to who we beat 12 times in a row on the road is the
former Washington Bullets.  And lastly to the isuue of whether or not we
will actually make any trades before the deadline.  I doubt it, but I'm
hopeful.  I'm sure Pitino is doing everything he can to unload Knight,
Minor, and Dee.  As the deadline approaches the offers will get a little
better and Pitino will become more flexible.

Jeremy