RE: All star coaches -Reply

No one says people should be dying to coach the all-star game or that
money and fame should force people to abandon happiness, only that
one who has chosen to be an NBA coach should suck it up if he is called
on to be the all-star coach one weekend one year, and not complain
about it.  And yes, LJB did indeed complain about it before later
recanting.

>>> "rallis@vgi.com" 01/29/98 01:01pm >>>
I just fail to see where coaching
the all-star game is such a great fit to the myriad of personalities even
in the coaching ranks of the NBA, that it would be wrong if not all the
coaches were dying to be the all-star coach.  Some might, some might
not.
Where's the harm???  And more importantly, what position are we in to
judge???  I don't even recall Bird saying he would hate to coach the
all-star game.  This appears more like people mad at someone because
they
don't appreciate the opportunity they have that we'll never have.  Should
we blast Bill Gates for not ooing and awing over a new Porshe, just
because we can't afford to buy one???  Maybe it's our values that are
warped, not those wealthy individuals.  Money and fame don't buy
happiness, nor should they force people to abandon it...

But, YOMV.

later,

-Jamey